About UsSociocultural initiatives all over Europe have similar aims, goals, methods and political interests. To link them in a more efficient way an informal cooperation started in 1994, and in 1999 it was established as "European Network for Cultural Centres" (ENCC).
Members of ENCC are those national associations and confederations, which represent the cultural centres of their country. The ENCC intends to represent the cultural centres of Europe. The ENCC aims at stimulating the socio-cultural and artistic life in Europe, especially via cultural centres and their functioning. Since its foundation, the ENCC has made many contacts all over Europe in order to find out which and how many cultural centres are operative.
The general objectives of the ENCC are: "Debate, Lobbying and Service" on a European level. Specific objectives are:
- To implement a professional network service for cultural centres on a European level
- To promote intercultural communication and partnerships, especially in building local partnerships between cultural centres in European countries
- To promote the dialogue between cultural centres with European and global perspectives
- To foster an international exchange of experiences, professionals and young activists
- To articulate the interests and strengthen the voice .of the cultural centres on a European level
- To provide funding opportunities for cultural centres and their networks