The theme of the First World Summit is “Creativity and Well-being for All: Changing the Future!”, inspired by the overall impact of these networks to society.
The topic addresses the role of the arts and creativity for sustainable community development and the rising demand for policies, including cultural policies, supporting what people themselves characterize as their well-being.
The host of the event, I3C was established in 2008 in Bulgaria with the purpose to serve as the global platform for meeting, unity, coordination, and cooperation of national and continental networks of community cultural centers, facilitating the exchange of good practices and the creation of international projects in the sphere of community arts for social transformation.
- Bring together for the first time and establish beneficial contact between national networks/associations of community cultural centres;
- Provide a platform for the exchange of good practices in the field of intangible cultural heritage and community arts for social transformation;
- Help strengthen and capacity-build each national network by facilitating new national programs and joint projects across countries;
- Facilitate the unique meeting and strengthening of 3 continental cultural networks (European Network for Cultural Centers, African Arterial Network, Latin American Network of Arts for Social Transformation) and facilitating the development of new national and continental networks (Asian and North-American);
- Develop a long-term program for strategic international cultural cooperation;
- Develop and organize the principles of membership in I3C’s inter-continental network/platform