Combining disability and performance is a strategic way to reduce stigma around disability and increase social & artistic inclusion.
Whereas the focus has too often been on the therapeutic aspect of creative work, the intention now is to develop a new and wider respect for performance quality and personal growth as artists.
Our partners are committed to spreading these practices across Europe and will be coming together to share experiences and plan for the future.
- Transnational exchange giving disabled people a chance to perform abroad and strengthening festivals with a wider European perspective.
- Co-operative planning and co-creation of original multi-county in situ performances.
- Mapping Arts and Disability organisations in the partner countries.
- Research on similar organisations throughout five other countries.
- Creation of an open internet platform through which organisations active in Arts and Disability thoughout Europe can connect.
- Share best practices in audience development between partners.
- A promotional campaign to attract non-disabled audiences.
This project has already garnered more than 15 partners, but we are keen to expand it even further. If you are interested in becoming a partner in this project, please contact us and join our meeting in February.
For more information please contact our office.