The Fusilier Museum is home to the collections of the XX Lancashire Fusiliers and the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. Together they record over 300 years of history and heritage of the people who served in the regiments. Come face to face with the heroes of the past!
The museum tells the story of the 20th Regiment of Foot and the Lancashire Fusiliers from 1688 to 1968, when they became part of The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers. The museum continues the story for the whole Regiment up to the present day.
The Fusilier Museum in Lancashire has a long history of its own. Originally it was housed in the Training Depot at Wellington Barracks and was used to inspire and motivate troops. In 1934 it opened its doors to the public and enlarged with private collections, personal souvenirs and a wide range of historic material. Now the museum has grown and developed again in the new town centre location which used to be known as the Arts and Crafts Centre.