The ENCC is looking for a full time communication assistant, ideally starting from 1st March 2022.
We are searching for a dynamic person motivated to join our international team based in Brussels.
- ACS/GECO eligibility is strictly required (see note below)
- Perfect spoken and written English, our working language
- Previous experience in communication
- Good writing and editing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work independently under supervision as part of a team
- Interest in the cultural field
- experience in the socio-cultural sector is a plus
The selected person will work on communication, in collaboration with our Communications Team, and will support other members of the team more occasionally.
Main tasks will include:
- Creation of content (related to events, news, activities) for multiple platforms
- Scheduling social media posts
- Daily implementation of the ENCC communication strategy (working with social media, gathering info from members, reporting, supporting the preparation of newsletters, annual reports and more);
Besides, the person will provide support to colleagues in the daily implementation of their tasks. This will mainly include elements of administrative and logistic work (collecting reimbursement requests, invoicing, working on admin programme, handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, ordering supplies/office materials, responding to questions and requests for information, supporting the organisation of events in Brussels and elsewhere, making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, trains, and making hotel and restaurant reservations).
Note: This position is within the frame of ACS/GECO programme, thus applicants are required to meet a number of conditions, including: be a resident of Brussels, be registered as unemployed since at least 6 months (or have received one full day of paid unemployment if they are over the age of 40), have no higher qualifications than a secondary school degree (this position is reserved for candidates who do not have a university degree, or who hold a degree from a university or other institution outside of Belgium). This is an interesting position for atypical candidates who have done their learning outside of higher education, or for candidates with degrees from other countries than Belgium, who have not gone through the equivalence process.
HOW TO APPLY
- Check with Actiris that you fit the conditions to apply first.
- Send a resumé and a short letter in English explaining how you could fit in our organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 18th of Februray 2022 at latest (we will start interviewing candidates before the deadline if conditions are met).
The ENCC strives to build a working team that is inclusive across race, gender, identity, ability, age, religion and experience. We hope for as much diversity as possible in the applications for this position