Our Spanish Hub Seminar, organised in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria last June 29 and 30, gathered 96 participants, mainly cultural operators from Spain and representatives of the ENCC's regional and national networks. The meeting was focused on networking, sustainability and creativity and, most importantly, catalysing the creation of a future regional and Spanish network.
- keynotes by Piet Forger from the City of Leuven (Belgium) (see powerpoint here), Vittorio Bianco from ENCC member Rete delle Case del Quartiere (Italy) (see powerpoint here) and Cristina Ortega from the World Leisure Organization
- roundtables with representatives of ENCC regional and national networks who shared knowledge and experience about the values and challenges of their own contexts
- an Open Space meeting, facilitated by Dagna Gmitrowicz (Poland/Germany), where all meeting participants were able to curate the discussion about cultural centres living through the current crisis
- a training on preparing a transnational cooperation project and an application for European funding, by Nicolas Combes from La Saline Royale (France)
- a dedicated meeting for Spanish operators to consider forming a regional or national network of cultural centres, facilitated by Santiago Arroyo Serrano from FIBICC (Spain).
- a hybrid session with Barbara Gessler, head of the Creative Europe unit of the European Commission, who explained the programme's upcoming orientations and priorities.
- study visits to cultural venues and initiatives in Las Palmas.
Access the photo album from the event.
The meeting was organised by the ENCC (European Network of Cultural Centres) in partnership with the city of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and with the support of FIBICC and Creative Europe.