de Warande Provincial Cultural House is a space for art and cultural experiences with a focus on societal tendencies.
We believe that everyone should be able to find a cultural event that interests them in our programme at least once a year, and we strive to make that happen.
The centre aims to be a welcoming space for those who want to experience all kinds of culture. The concentration of activities in one large cultural venue offers opportunities to create cross-overs between different art forms and attracts people from a wider region to enjoy culture. Together with six partners from the region de Kempen (+/-400.000 inhabitants), Cultuurhuis de Warande offers a broad range of easily accessible, high-quality programs in art and culture with particular attention to young and vulnerable visitors. Besides, the cultural house establishes an open and dynamic cultural climate by encouraging artists in their artistic development and by challenging art lovers with experiments and novelties. Thus, de Warande also works as a business centre for arts by bringing together professionals who are specialised in a specific cultural field, such as dance, theatre, visual arts, architecture, film, performance, education or comics.
In its daily missions, the centre seeks to:
- be international in programming and audience,
- produce qualitative, contemporary art
- raise the visibility of arts,
- support young, regional and international artists,
- reach to and develop its audiences,
- be an inspiring environment for all artists passing through our space.
To sum up, de Warande has four different vocations as:
- an art and cultural centre: promotion of art and creativity through over 200 events a year
- a centre for cooperation: structural cooperation with 6 in-house partners from diverse fields: literature, education, cinema, festivals, architecture, visual and performing arts.
- an infrastructure that can be rented by social organisations
- an informal meeting place.