Founded in 2002, ALCC has successfully been carrying out its purpose to unite Lithuanian culture centres, to represent their needs and to ensure that their activities are accessible in Lithuania and abroad.
The Association of Lithuanian Culture Centres (ALCC) is the biggest active cultural community in Lithuania that unites around 95% of all Lithuanian culture centres. The members of the association, the cultural centres of legal status, constitute over 400 subsidiaries, divisions or units, that employ nearly 3,000 creative and professional cultural and artistic staff. Country's cultural centres operate through 4,000 different arts groups, educational, artistic clubs or associations, connecting more than 60,000 cultural and art lovers and volunteers.
The association continuously develops and implements national and international projects aimed at professional development, increase of international cooperation and enhancement of the competitiveness of cultural services, etc. ALCC cooperates closely with other cultural unions, institutions of higher education and organisations engaged in similar activities in Lithuania and abroad (i.e. Council to the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Lithuania, Tripartite Committee Under the Ministry of Culture of the Government). Members of ALCC take part in working groups, expert groups, funding programmes of the Seimas (Parliament), the Government, the Ministry of Culture and prepares projects of various normative acts.
- To unite all Lithuanian cultural centres in the country and abroad for joint activities,
- To make an impact on the establishment of judicial and legislative framework and the political decisions related to the field of culture,
- To ensure the professionalism and social welfare of cultural workers, and
- To guarantee the quality of its members' performance.
To be the biggest active cultural community aiming to unite cultural centres for the representation of common interests and the formation on cultural policies.
- Openness to innovations and creativity,
- Communication and cooperation.