The FUN, a cultural foundation declared with national on 2011, pursues the following objectives:
- The conservation and dissemination of Uxío Novoneyra’s legacy as well as his work and the works in his private collection.
- The promotion of study and research activities in the field of literature, especially poetry; language, arts, especially painting and performing arts; and historical and political studies.
- The defense of the environment, especially that related to his work, in the territorial area of his activities.
- The dynamization and socio-cultural promotion of the poet’s area of reference. As a house of9 poetry, the Uxío Novoneyra Foundation supports unique projects such as the Ámeto Mítico travelling poetry residences on the Way of St. James. Among its activities is the Ith project, a virtual platform for collective financing of literary projects that aims to support a free and open community of readers. In addition, the foundation programs every August the Festival dos Eidos with a wide range of activities in poetry, music, film, dance, biological routes, among others.
- The international promotion and dissemination of culture and socio-cultural reality of Galicia abroad and the collaboration with public-private entities with similar aims.
- The recovery and rehabilitation of the house where Uxío Novoneyra was born is a fundamental objective of this institution. We understand our foundational headquarters as a center of activation of the memory of the Serra do Courel through the poetic word. Its spaces in the process of recovery house a documentary archive, exhibition areas and a visitable vegetable garden.
FUN is part of the Iberic Association of Writers’ House-Museums and Foundations (ACAMFE), European Crowfunding Netwrok (Eurocrowd), Trans Europe Halles (TEH) and AGPXC.