The ENCC is looking for a full-time communications assistant, available to start ASAP. We are searching for a dynamic person who is motivated to join our international team based in Brussels. Please note that this person will be hired within the frame of the ACS/GECO programme, which implies several requirements for applying (see bottom of page).
Deadline to apply: 17th of February 2021.
- ACS eligibility is strictly required (see below)
- Perfect spoken and written English, our working language
- Good writing and editing skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work independently under supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Interest in the cultural field
- Previous experience in communication is a plus
The selected person will work on communication, in collaboration with our Communications Manager, and will support other members of the team more occasionally. Main tasks will include:
- Support ENCC general communication: contribute to writing and gathering visuals for website, social media, newsletters and reports, in collaboration with the Communication Manager. Screen potential calls and information to be promoted, as requested by the Communication Manager;
- Support the Communication Manager in dealing with the daily implementation of the ENCC communication strategy (working with social media, gathering info from members, reporting, supporting the preparation of newsletters, annual reports and more);
- Provide support to colleagues in the daily implementation of their tasks. This will mainly include elements of administrative and logistic work (collecting reimbursement requests, invoicing, working on admin programme, handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, ordering supplies/office materials, responding to questions and requests for information, supporting the organisation of events in Brussels and elsewhere, making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, trains, and making hotel and restaurant reservations).
SPECIAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLYING
This position is within the frame of ACS/GECO programme, thus applicants are required to meet a number of conditions, including: be a resident of Brussels, be registered as unemployed since at least 6 months (or have received one full day of paid unemployment if they are over the age of 40), have no higher qualifications than a secondary school degree (this position is reserved for candidates who do not have a university degree, or who hold a degree from a university or other institution outside of Belgium). This is an interested position for atypical candidates who have done their learning outside of higher education, or for candidates with degrees from other countries than Belgium, who have not gone throught the equivalence process.
HOW TO APPLY
First, check with Actiris that you fit the conditions to apply.
Send a resumé and a short letter explaining how you could fit in our organisation to email@example.com by the 17th of February at latest.
The ENCC strives to build a working team that is inclusive across race, gender, identity, ability, age, religion and experience. We hope for as much diversity as possible in the applications for this position.