For many years the ENCC has been working on diversity and inclusion, with a specific focus on arts and disability. Yet despite recent progress and inspirational practices, diversity in cultural organisations is still lacking. That is why the network decided to set out a collection of aims in practicing equality and celebrating diversity in our workplaces and cultural spaces.
The key points are:
● Identifying any barriers for under-represented groups to participate
● Identifying and considering under-representation on our boards and management teams
● Reviewing accessibility from a disability perspective
● Considering how we reach diverse audiences and give visibility to different equality groups
● Considering how we monitor for equality.
This commitment was drafted in the context of the ENCC Inspired by Diversity project, in consultation with equality expert Zita Holbourne.
Read and download the full document.