The company's creative starting point is an interest and curiosity towards theatrical forms from both Western and non-Western traditions, and a desire to create a unique artistic expression based on their encounter. Performances aim to offer opportunities for a dialogue between differences, for both audiences and performers.
Our shows reach audiences locally, nationally and internationally - whether on the theatre's stage, in the urban space, in schools, on the movie screen or in virtual reality. We aim to be as inclusive, diverse and sustainable as possible.
We offer residencies, seminars, workshops, concerts, barter, guest performances and festivals. Strong of our major international collaborations, we create ambitious new work of high artistic quality that is the result of a unique form of creation developed and refined over many years.
Our reach is extended through online activities including conferences, workshops and streaming of the performances. In parallel with the expansion of digital activities, we have founded the Immersive Lab for Innovation in Theater Making and Archive (ILITA), a new medium for exploring performing arts, technology and society in a virtual universe, in a framework where new and old experiences can communicate in the spirit of the theatre laboratory.
- Artistic production/promotion
- Community and civic activities
- Art education and/or other educational activities
- Project management
- Event management
- Training/Lifelong learning
- Research/data collection
- Internationalisation and mobility
- Consultancy (e.g. legal advice)
- Circus art/clowning
- Interculturality and migration
- Intergenerational relations and ageing
- Gender and sexual orientation
- Participation and audience engagement
- Tangible cultural heritage
- Human rights and democracy
- Non-urban culture
- European citizenship and identity